In today’s day and age, we often get too caught up in the troubles of life, or even the busyness of work.
Here are 5 tips to maintain a balanced lifestyle despite your busy schedule:
1. Eat healthy!
A healthy diet should be balanced, have a lot of variety, and be in moderation!
- Choose whole grains over refined grains – after all, they’re healthier and keep you full for longer.
- If you have a desk job, you might want to consume foods that help with eye protection. Nutrients that are good for eyes (such as lutein) can help in the long run.
- Swap out your potato chips in the pantry for something healthier like fruits!
Hint: you might want to try our GoodMorning VGrains that may help with your struggles in leading a healthy lifestyle. (https://goodmorning.com.sg/products/)
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
According to the Institute of Medicine (IOM), men 19 years and older should be drinking 3.7L, and 2.7L for women.
- If you don’t really like going to the pantry to take more water, carry a big water bottle (or leave it in the office) and drink up as you work!
- If you’re still really forgetful, choose to order soupy foods to give you that extra boost of hydration you need!
- If you don’t like plain water, add in some fruits to make it a little more special (cucumber/lemon make it more refreshing!)
3. Manage your mental wellbeing
Your mental wellbeing is just as important as your physical wellbeing.
- Go out and reconnect with the friends you haven’t seen in a while!
- Spend more time with your family and loved ones
- Get enough sleep! Studies say you should be sleeping for 7-9hrs a day.
- Do something you enjoy — pick up that hobby you always wanted to try
4. Spend some ME time!
Everyone has different ways they relax and de-stress. If yours is spending some alone time, bring yourself out (or stay at home) and enjoy your time alone.
- RELAX! Turn on some calming music and light that candle you never lit whilst curling up and reading a good book
- Listen to some music and enjoy your free time alone
- If spending some alone time means going to the office earlier, why not?
Exercising is a great way to feel relaxed with hormones produced making you feel happier.
- Spice up that workout routine by trying new sports (hey, you don’t always have to head to the gym or run!)
- Try out classes such as spin classes, aerial silk, aerial hoop for a few lessons — maybe you’d be interested in them
- Commit time — the hardest part about exercising is starting. Block out a certain time in the week/day where you’ll be focusing on exercising!