Did you know the biggest beetroot in the world weighed 23.4kg, grown by Ian Neale?
Beetroot is one of the most overlooked ingredients in the market when it is so versatile to cook! From soups, cakes, puddings and even drinks, let’s explore more on the health benefits of beetroot, shall we?
- Lowering blood pressure and improving heart health
This was based on a study done in 2008 where their blood pressure were significantly reduced just 6 hours after consuming 500g of beetroot and apple juice.
- Reduces the risk of heart and coronary diseases like cancer
- Betaine, the antioxidant found in beetroot can help eliminate toxins, promoting bowel movement. It also protects our liver cells from oxidative stress.
- The nitrate content in beetroot, can improve endurance exercise performance.
- It fights inflammation, keeping us healthy!
- Beetroot is also rich in nutrients like iron, which promotes regeneration of red blood cell, preventing anaemia and supporting ladies during their time of the month.
So how much beetroot juice should you consume a day?
Well, for starters, you can mix it into your daily fruit juices like apple, oranges, strawberries … really, the choices are limitless!
Drink it fresh to prevent the nutrients from oxidizing, first thing in the morning to kick start your day and give you that extra energy boost whenever you need it!
Here’s sharing one of the most innovative recipes from our customers, made with our very own Vplus!
1. Good Morning VPlus 18 Grains – 150g
2. Soft tofu – 1/2 piece
3. Glutinous rice flour – 75g
4. Brown sugar – 60g
5. Chocolate – 1 bar
1. Mix 30g GoodMorning Vplus with 150ml of water.
2. Pour into ice mold.
3. Put into freezer.
4. Shred the soft tofu.
5. Add and mix glutinous rice flour, GoodMorning Vplus and brown sugar evenly.
6. Knead the dough and make a hole to add one cube of Good Morning Vplus or chocolate, wrap it into the shape of mochi.
7. Sprinkle the Good Morning VPlus 18 Grains on the surface of mochi.
8. Steam the mochi about 8 minutes in the steamer.
9. Sprinkle the Good Morning VPlus 18 Grains and sesame on the surface of mochi.
Let us know how it went!